Yup, that's the title of this post. I'm sure any long time reader of this blog must have suspected that I collect thread snips from various projects. I pile them up into little cubbies until I figure out a way to use them. I try to keep them in color families, but sometimes I fail and then I don't stress about it.
Recently I thought they (the thread snips) would make a great texture representing a brick wall and heat rising. So I used them in this piece - Iron Spine: Hot in the City.
|fire escape detail|
|another fire escape, more to follow, but please note the threads in the back ground|
|Iron Spine:Hot in the City ©Natalya Aikens 2017|
As you might suspect, I have a few more thread nests to unravel. Here's some that I am using for the sky in a piece about water towers. Still working on this one.
|teasing out the thread nest over repurposed plastic|
|sketching out the water towers|
|building up the rungs|
Stay tuned! Hopefully this piece will be finished before the end of the month..